Advanced & Graduate Education -- Tufts University offers the following advanced education programs:
- Endodontics (Endodontists specialize in root canal therapy)
- Oral Surgery (An Oral Surgeon for various types of dental surgery, including wisdom teeth extractions)
- Orthodontics (An Orthodontist for dental braces)
- Pediatric Dentistry (Pediatric Dentist, or "kid dentist')
- Periodontology (Periodontist for gum disease treatment)
- Prosthodontics (Prosthodontists specialize in restoring and replacing teeth)
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine also offers a General Practice Residency program in affiliation with Tufts-New England Medical Center, as well as four fellowship programs:
- Implant Dentistry
- Advanced Education in Esthetic Dentistry
- Craniomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Continuing Education -- Tufts University considers lifelong learning to be extremely vital. The School's Continuing Education division hosts numerous courses throughout the year.
Research is a central value of the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. The Division of Public Health Research and Oral Medicine is dedicated to improving the quality of life in high risk and medically compromised populations. The division's main research focus is on identifying and implementing novel therapies.
Faculty from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine are involved in an array of research projects, and students are encouraged to get involved with research efforts as well. Tufts also conducts corporate-sponsored research in many areas including dental materials, wound healing and clinical studies of teeth whitening dental products.
Tufts University offers a wide variety of patient services, including:
Dental Clinics -- These provide general, specialty and emergency dentist services delivered by predoctoral or postdoctoral students under faculty supervision at a reduced cost.
Tufts Dental Associates -- This full-service group practice provides general and specialty care delivered by faculty from the School of Dental Medicine.
Tufts Craniofacial Pain, Headache & Sleep Center -- The Center specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of painful disorders of the head and neck region.
The Tufts University School of Dental Medicine is located at:
Address: 1 Kneeland St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone: (617) 636-6828