Dentists must apply to become a member of the 1-800-DENTIST® program, which involves completing detailed applications and passing our rigorous screening process. Our Quality Assurance department is dedicated to the initial screening and continued monitoring of member dentists, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Verifying that member Dental Licenses are current and in good standing, not currently subject to disciplinary action, and carry malpractice insurance
- Requiring certification for any claimed specialty or service
- Maintaining detailed dentist information, including school attended, services offered, office hours and more
- Validating claims of practice features such as the ability to treat young children or state-of the-art equipment
- Surveying patients on an ongoing basis to assure the highest level of satisfaction and care
Once dentists pass our screening requirements they pay a membership fee, which may be either a flat monthly rate or on a per-lead basis. If any member fails to uphold our high standards (based on the criteria above or feedback from the consumers we match with their practice), they may be removed from the service. 1-800-DENTIST does not dictate member dentists' fees, treatment options or the manner in which they practic.
Consumers who call us or visit our website are asked to provide information including their location, dental need, insurance and preferred payment method. Based on these factors, 1-800-DENTIST searches for a member dentist who matches these needs, recommends the practice and, whenever possible, directly connects callers to the dentist's office so they can make an appointment. The service is completely free to consumers.