The Senior Search Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning, optimizing, implementing and analyzing SEM activities. You will be a key contributor as part of a small marketing team that works cohesively and supports one another to hit company goals.
The ideal candidate must possess a keen understanding of online marketing acquisition, with a strong background in pay-per-click (PPC) management. This role requires the ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level, touching all aspects of the search marketing roadmap including keyword management, creation of campaign messaging, bidding strategies, creative testing, and analytics.
- Business owner of the search marketing channel. Ensure revenue, ROI, and other business goals are met.
- Develop short and long-term PPC account strategies and roadmaps. Execute day-to-day tactics that increase traffic, revenue, and margins.
- Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN, Bing, etc.) including campaign planning, implementation, keyword bid management, performance monitoring, and optimization of paid search campaigns.
- Forecast and budget.
- Report & analyze on key performance indicators and identify opportunities for improvement on a regular basis.
- Review and optimize keyword coverage, account structure, negative keyword strategies, bidding strategies, ad copy messaging, landing page experience, and conversion flows.
- Design and execute A/B tests on ad copy & landing pages to optimize performance.
- Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to exchange data observations, key learnings and creative ideas.
- Coordinate with Google, Bing, and Yahoo account representatives to stay updated with latest platform improvements and participate in betas.
- Manage relationship with bid management vendor.
- Bachelor's Degree with a strong quantitative background.
- 5+ years’ experience managing & optimizing large-scale complex paid search programs.
- Hands-on knowledge of best practices in SEM and a proven track-record of delivering qualified traffic from both an acquisition and conversion standpoint.
- Proficient in designing and executing AB/Multivariate tests on and copy & landing pages required.
- Experience using keyword bid management tools required.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets.
- Developed critical thinking and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office - especially Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency in SQL, Business Objects, HTML, and MS Access a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with web analytical tools, i.e. Adobe SiteCatalyst, Coremetrics, Webtrends, Google Analytics.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, with an eagerness to consistently exceed objectives and improve processes.
- Takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work.
- Google Adwords certification is a plus.
for Senior Search Engine Marketing Manager
NO CALLS PLEASE. All qualified candidates will be subject to a background check. Only candidates being considered will be contacted.