Our team is looking for a seasoned Data Science Consultant who can help solve and navigate through our company’s most pressing issues. Are you passionate about solving interesting and challenging big data problems using large-scale analytics and algorithms? Do you have experience answering difficult questions by obtaining, scrubbing, exploring, modeling and interpreting big data?
The ideal candidate will assist in identifying new growth opportunities and developing business strategies to help tackle a wide variety of problems:
- Improve consumer and dentist matching. Matching and optimization algorithms are fundamental to our 1-800-DENTIST® product. Identifying better matches has an incredible impact on the experience of both customers.
- Model complex relationships in the presence of many confounding factors. Characterize marketplace dynamics. Via exploratory data analysis and experimental design, work to understand trends and behaviors within these markets.
Data is the backbone for how we make decisions. We’re looking for a technical candidate who is passionate about building and mining databases, turning data into insights, and leveraging data to make improvements throughout the company. This person will work closely with our Product, Operations and Marketing teams to level up our data-driven culture.
*The candidate will be hired on a contract, project basis. The length of the project will depend on the specific scope of the project.
- Partner and consult with senior business leaders to understand their business requirements; recommend/design research and analysis to improve business performance
- Identify high-impact opportunities to leverage our extensive data to better serve our users and improve business decisions across a varied set of KPIs
- Leverage data to discover patterns and solve strategic & tactical multi-channel analytic business problems using structured and unstructured data sets across several environments
- Build complex predictive models to substantially improve and continuously optimize user engagement and revenue generation.
- Employ a variety techniques including data model creation, data aggregation, statistical analysis and algorithms to meet changing business needs and conditions
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, management science, engineering, economics, social science, operations research or related (Master’s degree required, PhD preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in data science, advanced analytics, and model building
- Proven success and experience working with big data and real time/near real time analytics and big data platforms
- Strong practical knowledge of analytical techniques and methodologies such as machine learning/supervised and unsupervised techniques, segmentation, mix and time series modeling, response modeling, lift modeling, experimental design, neural networks, data mining and optimization techniques
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with a demonstrated ability to execute against multiple projects and excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
for Data Scientist (Consultant)
NO CALLS PLEASE. All qualified candidates will be subject to a background check. Only candidates being considered will be contacted.